Thursday, May 8, 2008

Translating - "Worthwhile"

This is due to requests by two people on the chatbox (shall not state the obvious), but I am extremely sorry for the late reply because I haven't got the time post anything up since I was bummed up with personal projects and work itself.

Therefore, brings me up to my next project. As you know, I was ...virtually seeing someone for the moment, and she had opened my heart towards my inspirations once again. I bonded with music before, but now I feel the stronger connection.

And Worthwhile isn't an accidental post. And I know the title is not related to its own post. This is because that I'm currently setting the arrangements for 4 songs, including of trying to finish up 2 other songs, and this is my latest project - entitled Worthwhile.

Inspired by her, and this song will take up most of my musical energy as I'm extremely satisfied about how the chords revolves on different MODES. Finally! I'm not following the simple scale, but I'm actually messing around with MODES throughout the song!

*At this point, I can bet you that you music illiterate people are already lost.*

Of course, I did not want to blog about this, because this would be more confusing than ever, but since some people kindly demanded, I decided to give a brief explaination.

Anyways, translation:



"The beauty of melodies can be achieved with a pencil, a paper, a simple guitar, and a tiiiiiiiiny bit of technology."

I'm finally composing a song that doesn't sound so monotonous (example: Season of Heartbreaks), and it finally sounds like it has its own heart - or rather, soul. Endless thoughts and inspirations came through to me, with a couple of trials and errors, was written down with a pencil, a paper, melodies through the guitar, and with the help of my life-long programme-partner, Propellerhead Reason 4.

"Most importantly, this is done with an open heart."

Finally, I'm writing a song not based on strict textbook theories of music, but I'm finally writing from the heart. The most powerful tool when it comes to music arrangements, compositions, inspirations, and so on. So far, I've been going 1 + 1 = 2 .. But I've never done something like .. [ (2 + 5 + 3 + 12220338575322 + 500000 + 10000 + 182365118732461237124 + 881020) x 0] + 2 = 2.

In other words, I've been doing music with strict set of rules, but I never had the chance to explore; and to ponder around notes, about which is the right note to hit at a certain part of a song to really unleash the climax of the song, so on and so forth.

Experiment's the right word.

Like in the words of Steve Vai; the search of the 'right' note in a song.

"This is for you. Thank you for inspiring me once again."

Obviously, because of triggering my emotions, and my heart, I managed to dig whatever's possible inside of me, and am able to put it in proper usage, this time. Honestly, I've always been grateful in meeting someone like you, just that it's a little bit unexpected to find my source of inspiration right under my nose for a few years. And I am writing this song; for you. Probably one of my ultimate pieces for the current moment when I'm done with it, for this period of time until I gain of new knowledge.




And the picture itself, look closer. You'll be able to see one side of my speakers in the background, Propellerhead Reason 4.0 on the laptop's screen, a sheet of paper on top of my keyboard, and a guitar pick. Of course, with proper skills, this was taken with my 1.3mp phone camera so that the lyrics are blurred out, therefore surprise is still at my hand.





And this is for you, for waking me up from my rest.





This is another overture for my music. This is where I'm born again. This is me - a child who's filled with musical nonsense, only covered with a few layers of skin.






You don't know how much this means to me, by the way. :) .. To me, happiness is an understatement. My feelings are at a whole new level.

No comments: