Thursday, May 15, 2008

Random Thoughts 140508

I was listening to Daft Punk's Something About Us a few minutes ago, and it really made me realise how beautiful a song can sound through.. simplicity.

It might not be the right time
I might not be the right one
But there's something about us I want to say
Cause there's something between us anyway

I might not be the right one
It might not be the right time
But there's something about us I've got to do
Some kind of secret I will share with you

I need you more than anything in my life
I want you more than anything in my life
I'll miss you more than anyone in my life
I love you more than anyone in my life

No .. tempo changes, no time signature changes, no modal changes, no technical skills required, so on and so forth. In fact, the whole song repeats itself until it fades out.

Besides that, I've decided to read up on Vocoders in Reason 4.0 .. Me and a friend of mine were talking about it a few months back, and we were wondering how we were supposed to record vocals down onto a MIDI-based programme, and how you're supposed to hook it up through the racks and all that.. stuff there.

Thank God for tutorial videos on YouTube.com .. I'll search up on that when my laptop comes home to me.



Besides that, nothing much to report. Drugged is going at a constant rate in terms of composition, just that I need to find more time to write it out properly. And always to have a guitar beside me to finish up the song.

It sounds good, to me, at least. I don't know. I just wish I could sing properly. Not by going out of tune at a constant rate. And some people call themselves tone deaf. My ass -lah-.

I'll just have to work a little bit more on time management. So far, last night's guitar bonding session was a rather fruitful one. At least I came up with the whole Drugged theme to be written!

Me likey likey!






And tonight's stress relieving steps - go decode it yourself.

1) Achieve enough counter-momentum
2) Extreme pressure in the main reason for inersia.
3) Downshift to responsive gear range ratio to rev metre depending on vehicle
4) Early entrance into corner so you won't lose speed. But steer into the corner earlier if you wish to proceed to step 5..
5) Hit the gas - as much as you can.
6) During the corner, be prepared to feel the car sliding, or when it gives way, then begin to steer straight or..
7) Counter steer to sustain the sideway movement while having proper amount of gas balance.
8) Have the steering straight if you wish to put the drift at a halt - only when you're nearly going straight. Have the steering straight while doing more than 45 degrees at either directions, and you'll just probably end up smacking into a tree, dog, another car, curb, building, KLCC, police man, begger, Tesco, divider, etc..

The sweet scent of burnt rubber..







Can I get an off day just to work on Drugged, please? :(

No comments: