Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Drugged.

After last night's experience, I managed to capture the emotions I had from last night, and I will immortalise the moment by stuffing them down into a song. Had ideas for it, and it shall be titled Drugged. Nothing too technical, but it's the only way for me to experiment with modal changes and all that theorical stuff in music..

Now to use this blog as its original purpose. As my notepad in whatever I've done, do and will do on songs and personal experiences.

I don't know how the blogging world works, but I know that majority of bloggers would use their blogs as event posts?

I've got no idea how that works, but I like to have random notes around, to share towards others regarding my experience in music, how I got inspired, ideas, methods, steps, theories, and arrangements if I'm ever working on Propellerhead Reason.

And from now onwards, I think I'd better write "Reason" as Propellerhead Reason, because some people gets a little bit..confused.

"I'm working with Reason"
"... With what reason you're working -laaaah-?"

Now, back to using this blog as its original purpose. And this will be my first time writing about how a song's theme should be done. Like a mini-discussion place or something.

Drugged will revolve around the themes of slight suicidal, health-help through morphine-related drugs, deep depression, anger, and hatred. And other random typical-emo-negative sort of thing.

And for no obvious reason, the reason why I'm working on a song like this, with simplicity, is because of the heavy influence by 2 songs from Dream Theater .. Through Her Eyes and Another Day. Don't ask, but I'm into these two songs quite a bit ..

I had some of the lyrics and melodies laid out, but I couldn't diversify my inspirations for both Drugged and Worthwhile. Was working for an intro/riff-ish sort of thing for recording purposes for Worthwhile, and maybe a few extra.. solos.

But then again, I'm going to have problems recording vocals; I do not have any proper equipments for vocal recordings. And have I mentioned before? I can NEVER sing.

But singing is one of the best ways to express a song's emotions, mood and theme better instead of doing it instrumentally. And since I can't sing, I would just practice, I guess?

I can't do all the soprano stuff, anyway.

But Drugged ought to be interesting. It's going to be one of those songs that I would emotionally link myself with the lyrics, and enhance the mood of it by.. whatever that crosses my mind.

Or something.






Guess I'll write a sneak preview of the lyrics. But Worthwhile stays private & confidential. Since, it IS a surprise.

The only thing I'm missing of is my laptop at the moment. I have a lot of ideas, but then again, I'm being restrained.......






Wonderful, isn't it? Lol.

No comments: