Friday, May 16, 2008

Random Thoughts 150508

I just came back from work.. And boy, it's interesting to watch the setup of the new Verissmo machine. Problem is, that thing can only prepare 2 espresso shots per unit.

And we only have one unit.

Imagines the hectic day..

... XD .. We're going to get a lot of complains for sure.. lol.

I stayed with my M.O.D. for the night after a brief partner meeting .. Since I had nothing else to do, might as well hang around a bit and help out a little, I guess..




For tonight, I had random thoughts of .. music. About how some people abused their talent (or nearly perfected talent) to actually show off to others when there's nothing much to see.

Don't mind me, although I haven't been performing for quite a while, nor do I perform quite a lot, but I have learnt the role of being an entertainer. Where you don't put your skills to show off or whatever it is, but to entertain others.

To entertain others and to show off are 2 different things. One is, where you actually attract those who find your style of playing and audible presentation music attractive, and they eventually follow you just to get that pinch of your music.

Whereas to show off, it's like:

"Eh hello! Watch this!"

And where a certain individual is forced to watch and listen or something.

And that leads to courtship via talent. Personally, I always know that it's not a good thing when someone has a crush, or falls in love because you are good in a certain talent that nobody has. Regardless if it's art, or brewing special coffee that'll make you lose your hair after a sip and fart terribly loud and stinky, one day, Prince Charming will come by and sweep the person off his/her feet by being himself.

In fact, I'm beginning to let go of the guitar icon, so that people will accept me for who I am. Not what I do to be recognised.

I remember I gave my junior a lecture because he said one thing:

"Back when I was form 3, I was kind of jealous of you because you could get anybody you wanted".

Firstly, you being jealous, I know. In fact, you showed it and I couldn't stand your attitude and that's when you earned my full disrespect.

Secondly, I don't abuse my talent to court and be picky of my prey. In fact, that doesn't lead to a sincere and proper relationship. It's all about personality, not about what you can do.

Thirdly, the term of crush, like and love are 3 different universes. And what I got, were crushes. In fact, if I surrendered myself to whoever stalker it was, it wouldn't last because The One for them would come and sweep them off their feets and take them away. And in the end, I'm just a guitarist. Nobody special.

Fourthly, being a performer, I don't stand on stage and shout: "Hey, look at me! I play the guitar!" It's unethical and unprofessional to do so. In fact, being a performer, you're there on stage to entertain others. So it's up to them to like you, or not. As for me, my rule would be, get on stage, perform whatever it is that needs to be performed, stand out during solo times, etc, get off stage, then go get something to eat, head home, bathe, sleep. If people don't like whatever it is you present on stage, what can they do about it? And what can you do about it? If they don't like you, then they should leave and not pay attention during your set.

Most importantly, remember that you should be humble and not thick skinned. You'll get nowhere if you're too thick skinned to learn from your mistakes, and whatever it is that you need to learn in the future.

Fifthly, and most importantly, I seperate both music and personal issues as different entities. I won't be surprised or touched if someone tells me that they love me because I play music averagely. But I will be touched if someone supports me and probably twist my fingers to make me realise some things that I never noticed on the fretboard of the guitar. I can never ever have both personal issues mixed up with music, honestly.

Sixthly, I never got the "people" that I liked. In fact, don't forget that I get dumped in a relationship most of the time. Meaning to say that I've got my own flaws, and my music has nothing to do with it.



I've cleared up some misunderstandings and issues of some sides of me, and I do hope that others would learn from it. Of being an entertainer, a charmer, and being yourself.






Oh. And another random thing. Everybody deserves a second chance from what I know. People do change. I'm not saying this because that things were better at some places or events in my life, but think about it this way.

You used to suffer from a disease, and you're recovering from it. 3 months later, you receive a medical report regarding your current health condition. Regardless if it's good news, or bad news, but think about this..

Your report was written either days, hours, minutes or even seconds before you received the report. But that doesn't mean that it determines what your condition is going to be. It's up to you if you want to change on the next second that comes your way. I'm saying, you were what you were. But you're not who you're going to be. If you believe in who you used to be, and if it's a negative point, you're going to be the same until you change your mindset.

So if you believe in what you're going to be, then you will be what you've set your mind to believe.

I don't know why I wrote that, but it worked for me. I've always had one phrase in my mind, and I'm going to share it with you. That's why I don't complain much - or at least complain as often as I used to..

"What has past, is now the past."

Understand that simple sentence, and you'll definitely pull through everything. Even if someone dearly has hurt you before, it doesn't mean that they will hurt you again; if they realise that they should change for the better.

And if you want to change yourself for the better, it always starts in the morning, with the first few thoughts that you have in your mind .. It's the starting point of what will make your day a better one.. It's all about motivation, and it's all in the mind.




Besides all that, I don't understand some people when they're being too grateful in just simple things that we do. They thank you a thousand and one times when you don't really put any effort into it. Maybe it's because .. it's a tiny issue to us, but not to them, I suppose? I don't know .. I know one thing, and that is I feel extremely awkward when ...... they're being too grateful.

I share my benefits with those around me .. Example, the past DJ Tiesto thing with my friends. The free tickets, additional car stickers for parking closest to the events, accommodation and whatever it is.. It's only because.. Not everbody has these sort of benefits, and we only live once. I've always loved to share my experience in whatever I do, so .. While we're around, and before we regret, I decided to share whatever I have with those around me.

Although I admit that I was a horrible host.... but.. blahs, I don't know.

Whatever it is, cheers dudes. Have a great day tomorrow! I've got 2 and a half hours to rest up till class starts .. :)






Disclaimer: If you feel offended regarding this post, or if you think that I mentioned about you in this post, please go brainwash yourself. Even if you are my junior of any sort, it could be any junior that I knew of.

No comments: