Friday, May 9, 2008

The Things At Work.

Firstly, I'm sad regarding the soon-to-be departure of our faithful La Marzocco espresso machine. That thing costs about RM12,000 I think?

The newer Espresso Machine is going to take its place, called the Verissmo, I think.

I prefer the La Marzocco.. At least you'll be able to have the fun of pulling off espresso shots the more exciting way, instead of (literally) a push of a button.

......................

Anyways, here are a few things that happened today..

1) I wasn't supposed to work today, until my partner couldn't stand.. whatever nonsense he couldn't stand. So my manager called me up and asked me to cover for him.

2) Fery: "Oi, John. Kenapa you nak tutup bar lembap sangat? You lembap macam Amzar la you. Atau Amzar lembap macam you? I tak tau siapa belajar ni skill lembap, tapi you buat kerja banyak lembap!"
Me: -__________________________________________________- ... DIAM LAH FERY!

3) Phone conversation:

Me: "Starbucks Ikano, Jean speaking, how may I assist you?"
Aisyah: "Hi Jean, sorry to disturb yo--"
Me: "Yes, Aisyah?"
Aisyah: *Laughs over the phone* "How did you know it was me?"
Me: "Memang la I tau, you bodoh. You called me a few hours ago saying the SAME thing, "sorry to disturb you", blah blah blah, and then I had to enter an 8-hour shift. Dosa, you tau nak panggil I masuk shift awal masa off day aku! So what do you think?"

Memang la the Manager kena'd from me. Lol

4) I was opening a packet of chocolate powder to prepare the Bar Mocha .. And when my partner shouted my name all the way from the Back of House, it gave me extra power to open the packet.. and.... It somewhat exploded on me.

Faisal: "Dei! *stares at my black-turned-brown uniform* .. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. FERYYYYYYY!! HE GOT BAR MOCHA ON HIMSELF"
Fery: "DEI. DOSA WEI NAK BAZIR TU SERBUK BAR MOCHA!"
Me: -_____________________-

5) Was attending to a customer, and the usual happened when I was in charge of the cash register..

Me: "Grande Vanilla Latte!"
Faisal: "Grande Vanilla Latte!"
*Looks at Faisal*
Me: "Uh... To go."
Faisal: -___________________- *changes to the paper cup and does the drink all over again.*






The bliss at work. I'm going to Port Dickson, I know, but I'm going to miss work there.. Especially when the manager shouts "DOSAAAAA" all the way from where he's sitting in front of the computer lol.

Oh well.





Sometimes, we need a break ourselves..

No comments: