Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Unnoticed Loyalty.

Today, I worked at Starbucks Ikano for an hour, then my Store Manager decided to kick me to Starbucks Borders @ The Curve for 7 hours to help out the first supervisor I worked with, Arif, due to the shortage of partners.

Starbucks @ Borders is .. extremely laid back.

Not my type of working environment.  I need a balance of both of them, so mid-volume stores, like Ikano, would be my taste.

Starbucks The Curve, on the other hand, gets the adrenaline pumping once you overstress yourself with the countless amount of drinks being ordered.

During my break from Borders, I ran back to Ikano, and I felt more .. energized.  Originally, I was supposed to do the middle shift, therefore, I was supposed to have my till, and take orders from customers while the opening partner goes for a break.

Sadly, the Manager on Duty had to take a till, until the closing partner enters his shift.

And with new partners on the bar, it is a rule that they're not allowed to touch the espresso machine to make espresso beverages, even if it's to steam the milk.

I took my friend's apron and cap, and stood by my manager.  Since he dumped me in The Curve to learn how is it like to work in a busy store, and my performance and sharpness increased a little bit.

All the hot beverages came by, and I worked for 10 minutes or so; until my break was up, and until the crowd died down.

And for the first time, he actually thanked me.








After that, I dropped by Starbucks SS2, Aisyah was the closing manager, and I met new partners.  One of them was still a little bit blur, and wasn't bitten by the Starbucks bug yet, and the other was ... somewhat there.

I wonder how can she survive working with new partners constantly.

And then again, she was grateful for some stuff.











I'm free from biased; regardless about politics.  I can see potential in some people, and I can see no potential in most people.  My loyalty stays when I notice the potential ones.








Most importantly; we're family.  So guys, gear up, and let's do it!










Cheh.  Patriotic sial.  Hello, sunshine!

No comments: