Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Am Deaf.





And as you can see, the trip was a safe one. I left my house about 10.10pm, since I needed to head off to the bank to get some money, and to the petrol station to fill in some petrol, and get the tyre pressure checked.

Then it was off to the roads! Wheeeee.

The average speed for this trip would be about 85kmph, since this bike never really ran on its high speed for a constant time, so it was kind of..rusty. Even the highest it could constantly go was at 90kmph.

I managed to get to my friend's house, Deborah Wong, and met the parents. First time seeing her younger sister and brother, and the first time meeting up with the dad.

I remember when I attended National Service back in 2006, I met up with Debra and her parents from time to time. During those times, we were somewhat closer.

Hoho.

Switched to her humble little Viva (.. Which I think is a rotten piece of Malaysian junk, like usual, even worse than the cars it was supposed to replace), and drove off to Autocity's McDonalds.

Sat down, chatted for quite a bit, and headed back home at 2am.

I came back, stopped by the Penang bridge and took some pictures.

Now, most importantly, what did I achieve or learnt from this trip?

  • I got deaf. Although bikes are small, but they're not entirely silenced. Therefore, listening to a constant dead roar, but going at 80kmph was like driving the Kembara. Sounds like a diesel engine, but going at a super slow speed.
  • The weather was awesome. For it being at night, it was a cool ride. Until it reached 2.30am, I had to seriously go to the toilet. Things just gotten colder for me. In the car, it's okay. But on the bike, with the noise, the constant vibration coming from the engine and the carborator, my nuts were jiggling against each other (!!!!!). Not a good sign.
  • Speed doesn't kill; Crosswinds does.
  • Everything was so raw. Including of the lorry that spat out diesel smoke into my face, the horrid salted vegetable chinese soup scent over the Penang bridge, the cow dung scent in Juru area, the wind hitting against me, the small tiny bits of sand that smacked my face after a BMW zoomed past by, and evertying else. All this was fun. It really made the adrenaline going through the veins in my body.
I always had fun while riding the bike. I never once complained about it when I'm on the roads. It's all about fun, and enjoying the trip.

Even though that its maximum speed was 80kmph, it didn't even feel like it at all.

Ooooo, how fun.











And this time, this trip back to Penang was worth it. Why? I managed to learn half of Another Day, and the bike served its purpose.

I am contented.

And if you think if I'm out of my mind just to waste petrol, oh please. Don't even start.

And this roadtrip, fun indeed. hoho. After all, I've got nothing else better to do. Should I head out for supper now? Wheeee.

No comments: