Friday, July 4, 2008

A Not So Normal Day At Work.

Let me tell you one of the most destructive things in the food & beverage line.

It's the grease trap.

For those who don't know, imagine it as a filter; that filters tiny crumbs of bread, pastries, cakes, jam, sugar, coffee, ground coffee beans, and sometimes, the pukings of little children.

And if you work for the first time in these lines, you wouldn't even bother seperating the big trash, adn you would just stuff everything down into the sink.

Eventually, everything will accumulate.

According to proper F&B line rules, it's hygenic for any stores to clear their grease trap once every day.

Because when it's full, the water will overflow because the amount of rubbish inside of this small little box will block the pipes.

Worse still, it'll block the sewerage pipes if it is not being maintained properly

Therefore, for today's task, after thinking so much, I entered work early (sometimes for fun), told the managers to stay up front, and nobody's supposed to enter the Back of House for a short period of time.

If they wanted to come in, please, be my guest. Only if they want to smell a month's accummulated crap in a shiny silver box.

Before that, I dropped by at Starbucks SS2 to check out the whole place, and to meet my ex-supervisor, Aisyah.

I asked her if she knows where to buy gas masks, and she said that in Ace Hardware, they sell it there.

Which is right opposite Starbucks Ikano.

I spent RM20, and for the first half an hour before my shift started, I looked like this.

It was kind of tight, and proper. Nobody understood what I said.

When I opened the grease trap, the stench was sustained, but it wasn't enough.

Even with this mask on, I could smell the grease trap.

Everybody else in the store couldn't get into the Back of House because it stank so badly.

Whatever it is, I got a mask! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

And I'm hinting to them for the RM208 mask for my birthday in 3 months' time that I saw in Ace Hardware. I've been a sucker for these masks.. Me likey likey!

At least it doesn't stink, and the BOH doesn't get flooded constantly because everything was clogged up.

Still needs work, but we need more equipment to settle our little...blockage problem. Wheeee







Speaking of which, for those of you who know that I rared a rabbit, she was safely transported to the pet farm in Avillion Village Resort @ Port Dickson last weekend during my minor getaway.

Bye Peanut.


And guess what?

Under 2 minutes, there were 4 male rabbits after her, and she got screwed at least 5 times -.-"











This shows that no matter what rabbits you get, they require neutering/spaying after in between 3 to 8 months to stabilise their hormones; and they will multiply less compared to natural human beliefs.

Oh well.

Lalala..

No comments: