Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Touchdown!

And I'm back in Penang. Although this post should've been up about 8 hours ago, I decided to post it up now.

Partly, because I already had last-minute plans before my mum came back from the mainlands.

It's funny? My dad SMS'd both me and her about my arrival time in Penang, which was 5.30pm. Guess what. I had her boxes again, being Mr. Delivery-boy, and she was at Simpang Ampat around that time.

I knew this was going to happen, and I decided to stick to my very own Plan A.

With the living cost in KL being normal to me now that I'm used to it, I got a taxi back. I decided to not be a miser this time, because all I wanted to do was to set the boxes on fire.

Then my mum would set me on fire when she sees me. Hohoho.

I got home, and I got an unknown phone call from some Penang landline. Indeed, it was one of the friends I SMS'd while I was on the Penang bridge; it was Joyce.

Woooo Joyce! How I've missed her. I wanted to meet up with her somewhere to have dinner or something, but she insisted on picking me up. And when that happens, dinner's on me.

It's nice to see her again. I wonder who else am I meeting up in these 4 days.

And for tomorrow:
Morning - Breakfast with ex-collegemates.
Afternoon - Starbucks with the aspiring brainy Sarah Sulaiman Ch'ng.
Night - Please let it not be Starbucks with Uglymen, but attending their jamming session in Jelutong. Now, how do I get there again ............?

And my Starbucks partner told me this on MSN:
Take this opportunity to rest.

I think I kind of overdid myself for the past few weeks, pushing my working schedule to come right after my class ends.. So, it's like, back-to-back in a way.

Doesn't matter.

I spent my time well today at home. I finally restrung my classical guitar after .. 5 years? The strings were all good, until one snapped during my absence - which really ticked me off.

I'll be taking my classical guitar down to KL for better practises instead of using the electric guitar all the time..

I'm currently learning Dream Theater's Another Day - the acoustic version, which sounds so darn beautiful. I'm interested in the finger-style acoustic playing, and that's what I want to learn now.

So far, I managed to get the pre-intro, intro, verse 1, chorus 1, fill 1 all correct. 2nd verse is a little bit odd, but practice makes perfect.

The beautiful harmonics.

And also, what an odd tuning? Instead of the standard tuning, this specific version uses E G# Eb G# B Eb ..

I played the chords mindlessly, having no idea which chords were what, but damn, does it sound so beautiful..











And tomorrow, the rampage of the biker starts. I just can't wait. HOHOHOHOHOHOHO











And so far, I've been saving up money. And here's a list of items I'm considering/will be getting sooner or later:
  • Canon PowerShot S5 .. For those who knows the PowerShot S3, the S5 is the bigger brother to that model as they already put the production to a halt. The S5 lasts just about the same as the S3, but it has improved features (such as the 12x optical zoom, bigger LCD screen, etc..).. But I'm considering; because I don't want to buy a camera, fiddle with it for a few days/weeks, then toss it aside. Then again, I never had a digital camera before..
  • A bass guitar - for recording. This is a must. I'm sick of humanising Reason bass lines.
  • A classical guitar - I think I'll skip this for the moment
  • JEM7VWH - getting a little bit ambitious here.
  • Line6 TonePort UX1 - Audio interface for recording guitar/bass stuff.
Since all these cost just about a few thousand, shall I surprise my parents by working and getting an..
  • Alfasud. Of course, like any other old Alfa Romeos, they rust and depreciate at the speed of their own accelleration. But then again, it's all about putting petrol down into the tank, and making sure that it goes out the right way - making sure that it's fun. Besides, it's a 1.5cc, single-carbo machine.. unlike the other Alfas. And unlike the other old Alfas, it's a FWD .. So ... expect no nonsense from this hatchback.
Or I'll just settle down with a C70. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA.

Or live the way I'm living now, save more money and do nothing with it. How's that?











Oh well. Tomorrow's another day, and breakfast's @ 9..wheeeee

No comments: