Sunday, November 9, 2008

Back, And Steady.

I know this isn't the best time for me, but I finally managed to get my hands on Reason.

I made it a habit to not open it, and eventually, it became a bad habit.

I told myself to only touch Reason after I get myself a MIDI controller because of all the fancy stuff that I could always experiment with besides being restricted by a damned mouse.

But listening and watching to Dream Theater for the past several months, not only have I learnt the implication of scales and modal changes (which still requires a lot of improvement), I also got inspired by our good old friends from that band, namely Derek Sherinian and Jordan Rudess, and their agressive methods of using the pitch bend wheel on their keyboards.

It's the same concept as bending a one-tone note, or a semi-tone note on the guitar, but just that this doesn't have any restriction for you. Of course, it sounds bad if you don't know how to use it, or if you use it at the wrong time, of course.











Although I should be studying for my FA2 quiz tomorrow, and getting adequate rest for work tomorrow.

... BUT DAMN, IS THIS FRIGGIN FUN.. XDXDXDXDXDXD

No comments: