Friday, May 7, 2010

Back in the late 1990s, we had Boomfunk MCs. I decided to check them out again since we have YouTube, and I accidentally stumbled upon this.

Some dude by the alias of Cobus.


He's bloody good. Of course, there are other better and greats out there that I would love to compare him to, like Mike Mangini, Mike Portnoy, blah blah blah. But what makes him in the spotlight and what captured my attention?

Fairly simple. He's a good drummer (preferrably a technical one), and he's playing something that not many conventional (or should I say, my local friends in Malaysia) would play.

One thing I like about these guys is that, they have their favourite genres, but they also don't mind going out of the box mixing with other genres, and sharing a piece of what they really have in mind!











And my God, does he have a DVD and a couple of other videos. Playing over a cover song with the track's original drums, he's so bloody consistent.

2 comments:

Claudia Sibert said...

So you blog!! Good read.. keep it up cuz! muahhks

Glacius said...

Oh yes definitely! Everybody blogs ;) Thanks for popping by.