Friday, December 5, 2008

Naiiiis.


I received this actually on my birthday, but I wasn't in Penang to collect it. When I took both of them out from the plastic, the metal surface crumbled into dust. Literally.

Especially the right pedal. To my surprise, my mum said that my uncle gave me a drum bass pedal, which I have to completely agree up to this point, or I would be acting too smart or abusing my knowledge regarding music or should study more about music because I am not a professional musician of sort.

Ok LAH!

I have to agree with that. The part that says that I'm not a professional musician of some sort.

Now to the next bass drum pedal, it's heavy, not made out of plastic but metal, and it's a little bit cranky as some bits and pieces of it broke, so you can't rock it a little bit too hard. Literally, it will break. It's more to like a .. talkbox-pedal. I can't call it a wah-wah pedal because I doubt it'll go wah-wah like many other pedals. In fact, there is a switch that says yoy-yoy and bow-wow. Thing is, how is that supposed to sound? Or what am I supposed to call this thing?

Yoy-yoy/Bow-wow pedal, lah.

These things came from the mid-1960s till the 1970s looking at its age and the way it is designed. In fact, I wouldn't know how it really works until I get back to KL because my rig is there.

What will be more interesting would be that..these two pedals does not have any .. adaptors to it. Nor are they any battery slots to put in the usual 9v batteries like many other modern pedals.

I don't know if these pedals are for show, or for real. But I'll find out probably when I get back home, if it doesn't rust to bits and pieces, of course.

If it works, I guess I don't need to save up for a wah-wah pedal, I suppose?

.. Cool!

No comments: