Monday, December 1, 2008

Final EOM.

Goodbye Ikano.

For 7 months, I was based in that store. Of course, I did hop from store to store to see how was the Starbucks culture. From then, I realised about market segments depending on the store's location.

Ikano was just perfect.

But too bad it changed.

Too bad.

I don't know where I'm going next.

But one thing's for sure. I got news from my Store Manager that I received some nomination for this Spirit of Starbucks Award. The coolest thing is not about the award, but the process about getting the award. My Store Manager approached several partners and managers in the store, and asked if I should be nominated. Even if she didn't ask, they nominated me.

I don't know what is this Spirit of Starbucks Award as I'm still new, only working under this company for a total of 8 months now, entering December (!!!!) ..

What's cool is that I never expected to be nominated; nor would I get such compliments from my partners because.. Personally, I don't think I've ever achieved certain standards in the Starbucks working environment. I know I'm a pain in the ass at times, but it's really nice of them to state my name regarding this.

I am truly honoured working with my partners.

Or at least that I got the chance to work with them.

I've been a performer or entertainer for about 2 years since 2005. 2008 was a halt for me, so the last I entertained people would be in 2007. And as an entertainer, we are completely hopeless species or beings if it wasn't for our fans; the people who watches us, the people who supports us, and the people who likes us for the stuff we play on stage.

Previously, in a band, we practiced and coordinated our nuts off just to pull off an average show. But by doing so, we've earned the ears of some people, and made them followers.

I never aimed for fame. I just wanted to share my music and knowledge with others.

And at work, I also share what I know with others. If I don't know where I stand, I would ask. If I know where I stand, that's another case. If I can help with what I've learnt with the managers and provide my service, I would. If I know there's a way I can help to improve the store, I will gladly do so. Just because I don't mind.

Now, here's a link to see what this Spirit of Starbucks Award thing is all about.

"Examples of actions and behaviors that Spirit of Starbucks Awards have been presented for:
• Job performance that produces results far exceeding expectations.
• Organization of a successful event or activity that contributes to the community.
• Achievements in the area of diversity and environment.
• Suggestion of a process, product or procedure outside of a partner’s immediate area of work resulting in increased savings, sales or productivity."

Cool. I don't know what I've done exceeding expectations, but it would be cool to know of my reasons and capabilities as I've never intended to perform them. They came in naturally.

I have to admit, that I would not be the barista that I am today if it wasn't for the people I've worked with in Ikano so far. These would be the people who had taught me proper knowledge and how it is to make a working environment fun, which is the main motivation for us to work like mad just about everyday;
  • Nazmi
  • Nik Azrin
  • Jean
  • Fery Ichsan
  • Siti Aisyah Binti Mokhtar
  • Mohd Shahrin
  • Sharimaniza (Nana)
  • Farina Elaina
  • Khristabelle Adelaide

And those who introduced me to the Starbucks Experience, through classes:
  • Adi Fisfaisal
  • Alvin Tham
Mostly, it goes to Fery for creating the ultimate Starbucks Experience through working constant closing shifts. In fact, he tossed me to other places such as Borders in The Curve and the happening store in The Curve itself to learn about different markets and how it is like to work there.

From there, I also learnt many things; like productivity and work skills.

I thank all of you for being my mentor.

Other than that, partners who I have worked with which made things fun, I thank you for making a better environment for all of us.











Well. That's it from me. The trip to Penang shall begin after ... I wake up. Hohohoho..

My sleep shall prepare me..

No comments: