Thursday, December 4, 2008

Be Specific.

My mum woke me up today, and I usually take time to unwind and get myself prepared. It's a common lifestyle in KL, anyway. I just wake up, slack off a bit, then head straight for work or college or whatever it is I'm supposed to do.

So as I arrived late to help my mum out in some weird place, I called her up..

Her: "Hello?"
Me: "Hi Mum. What's the unit's block?"
Her: "...."

... 30 seconds later..

Her: "You know ah, I struggled by myself ah, and you know ah, the contractors were not so helpful, you know. So ah, I had to do everything by myself, and it's too late for you to help me out already lah"

Too late for me to help you out?

... Ok LAH!

*pressed on the end call button

She called back right after that.

Me: "Hello?"
Her: "It's xx-xx."

Then right after that, came the nagging spree! Penang to me, is the city that never sleeps. Only because I always get nagged till next eternity or something. And well, yup. I got it again.











It's funny that you have to be a total jerk and asshole to get the right answers. Notice that I only got the answer to my question after I shut the phone.

In Starbucks, we've got 5 cards to present to partners depending on their performance.

Be Welcoming
Be Considerate
Be Involved
Be Knowledgable
Be Genuine

I present my mum the 6th "Be" card. Which is... Be Specific. She had finally done it!

No comments: