Monday, October 13, 2008

Void.

As I walked along the corridor, I did not see..
.. The girl that’s worth a look.
.. The child that cried over spilt ice cream.
.. The man who’s happy with his family.
.. The illegal immigrants working here in Malaysia.
.. The ones working for a job that’s not worth working for.
.. The ones getting frustrated with people stepping upon his or her mopped floor.

I only know that my fever was building up, my sneezes were getting disgusting and way out of hand, my muscles being tightened up, and a major headache going over my head that made me lose my patience with those around me.

But I had to push myself to meet the expectations of others. It's not like anybody was going to let me off from my shift, anyway.

I was awake, but my mind wasn’t conscious, and for a brief moment, I had no soul. I just walked along, trying to get the day over with, having sicknesses that gradually got worse.

Then problems started to compile out of the blues. Yet my decision was simple, but it was tough due to the circumstances.

Until that point, I turned void.

Shutting your mind away from reality, and from the people surrounding you, is the simplest thing to get away from your problems.

They know they’re causing problems for you, but do they know how many problems are accumulating for your inner self?

Do you know that I’m facing several problems and I ran out masks to put on?

Because of the reason of me nearly breaking down, I decided to shut myself in Ikea, alone.

Alone.

Away from everybody.

Now I’m here, and now I’m gone. Slowly fading away.

I’m not the person you once knew.

In fact, I’m not the person I expected myself to be, in the first place.

Then again, I never had a goal or image for myself.

I am void.











And my soul floats to seek the person I once was.

No comments: