Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Tribute To..

Just about 4 months ago, my application form was reviewed by a man with his shiny head. He looked like a natural Mafia gangster and always liked odd stuff.

But then again, it all wouldn't have been possible if my current Store Manager were to give me my first interview; accepted me, and so on.

Not to say that I'm entirely reliable or am I a good barista on the floor, but when I'm offered a job schedule that I am able to work and commit to, I will perform my duties on the floor.

I always thought that he was strict, and he always handled the schedule for the partners in our store, and I see him on duty most of the nights I've worked. Mostly 5 out of 6 times.

It's been fun working with him, because he's one of those people who knows when to fool around, and when to really work. And when he works, it's all about procedures, efficiency, knowledge and timing.

Never judge a book by its cover.

I'm glad to be under a supervisor like him, although he tosses the work to the baristas on the floor, but then again, if he were to help us more than we'd expect, we won't even learn what are the things to be done, and how they should be done properly.

He does monitor us, and does show us what are the procedures, and makes sure that we do it right.

Anyways, he will resign as a Shift Supervisor effective soon, and will end his service with Starbucks after 4 (or 5) years of mind boggling games about inventory stock, reports and customer service. But he shall continue his service in Starbucks as a Part-Time Barista.

Which is kind of ironic, but there are some people who are like that.

And he's totally different from others. Insanely different.. hohoho.

Despite whatever others say about him, he's able to train baristas to perform their duties the proper way - only if you're willing to learn.

He shall resign from his post due to a better offer from an IT company.











I wish Fery Ichsan all the best in his future and undergoing career. I wonder how are the managers going to handle him when he's on the floor. Hohoho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jean louis sibert..thanx a lot dude for the sweet words...n i really happy..enjoy workin with u doing closing....much2 more bter rather thn with amzar...muahahahahaha...let's change the schedule...muahahahaha

Glacius said...

hohoho..so bad.. but too bad, you cannot change the schedule..

i heard that kak anita ask arif to train shahrin in doing the schedule..aiyoyoyoyoyo. .die..hoho