Monday, August 4, 2008

[Poem] Chances for Wishes.

Something I stumbled upon. Was written back in 2005..





Hey yo.
Some stories, they end well, but some they end up in flames?
Listen to this, and see who takes the blame.
'Cause I don't even know myself.
Just listen.

Verse 1
If I had the chance, would you come back to me?
And patch things together, so we would be what we used to be.
Everytime I try, I get hurt in the end,
When I put things together, and when it never blends.
If I had the chance, I would always turn around,
Notice when something's wrong, notice when you're down.
So I can try and make things right, through just one starry night,
Instead of leaving you alone, surrounded by grand lies.
If I had the chance, I would turn back time,
And study everything we did, and noticed the crimes,
The fight and mistakes, the reason our love was wrong,
And everything else that caused our love to crumble; and then gone.
If I had the chance, I would change myself,
and everything else, that would make things go well.
And to achieve this chance, I would gladly sacrifice,
As long as it brings happiness, and not tears to my eyes.

You know that's what I would do, if I had chances.
But what about wishes..? Hmmm..

Verse 2
If I had a wish, would things be the same?
Would love be how it was, how we'd usually claim?
Or would things be in vain, or would our love be tamed?
Will all this feelings be released, or fully retained?
If I had a wish, would my dreams be it?
Having you in them, knowing they wouldn't be a trick.
In every single dream, would everything be a treat?
Or would it bring sadness? And our freedom? A constrict.
If I had a wish, without a doubt I'd wish for you;
Where you'd wipe tears, and urge me on away from gloom.
But that's not what you want, I'll be the sadness in your life
If my wish came true; your nights? (Spent in silent cries).
If I had a wish, I would vanquish in a swish,
So somewhere far away; and myself I'd vanish.
To a land of no tears, no fears, no lies and no despise,
With death implanted in me, and soon; I'll just die.

Hey yo, that's all I gotta say.
And until today, I don't even know what went wrong.
But it doesn't matter anymore.
All this things that we feel? Maybe it's just a blessing in disguise.
Well,I don't know.
Maybe I'll find out soon enough.
Hey yo, just listen.

Verse 3
If I wished for a chance, I'd hide everything I'd knew,
So nobody would see my thoughts, my senses and have no clue,
Would the chances be my desire? To notice what went wrong?
Or just to leave it as it is, since it's been fated all along.
If I had a chance for a wish, would killing myself be the answer?
Would everything be forgotten? Or would memories be a blur?
Losing my heart, and breaking it into a thousand pieces,
Or believing in the lies been told, and this treason.
The next step is hard, when my mind's indecisive,
When life's so hard, and when happiness is priceless.
Even harder, when what you believe is deceiving,
I just want a chance to wish; to be neutral to everything.
Now I have to pull myself and keep on moving on,
Cause I can never stay down for my time's never long.
You can never know, when time slows down like a curse.
And that's when I want a chance to wish; for the wishes for chances.

No comments: