Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Re-Mix.

As some of you might know, I'm working with my friend, and boss, Iz. Only because that he approached me with a whole new genre to mess around with for his song, Gonna Be Alright.

This remix version that I worked on a few weeks ago will be featured in his upcoming EP which will be released probably next month after a few more recording sessions I guess?

But ignore the above.  Last night, I went to The Ark Studios @ TTDI.  Managed to literally see the almighty Nick Lee for a brief moment, before he retreated to his shell of ideas on the upper floor.

I always loved studios.  But last night, was rather tiring for me.  I don't know if I focused too hard in figuring out the mistakes, planning lyrics (which was eventually forgotten the second right after it came out of my mouth), and assisting Iz in timing and ideas, I guess?

But it was a really good experience.  I always tend to learn more and more regarding mixing, recording and music production.  It's inspiration, get what I'm saying?

Anyways, I won't let out too much information regarding about this little.. project, but here are some pictures of The Ark Studios @ TTDI with my crap Nokia 6151 camera.  The rest of the pictures are in Iz's camera.  Waiting for those to come by, and I'll post them up here too :)

In the meantime, try and enjoy the low quality pictures.  Lol

Bunch of pre-amp racks for mics and guitars.. AND a Microsoft machine!  *boo!!*

Maestro Izzie at work

Too bad.  No wide lens was on the market for Nokia handphones.  HAHAHAHAHA

The always-so-patient-and-constantly-contributing-ideas audio engineer, Keith.  Very down to earth person.  I never get pictures of his face..which means he needs a haircut!!!

I forgot who's Yamaha synth is this, but what Keith told me is that she's a very famous arranger in the Malay music scene..

Ah.  The other Microsoft machine  *booo!* .. This needed to be on because I had to re-bounce some tracks on a last minute basis.  Some of my files were 'corrupted' earlier on.  Stupid Vista.





Until I get the clearer pictures from Iz, these will be the current eye candy.  Lol

No comments: