Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Microsoft Vista Is..

.. The last thing I would recommend anybody to get. Although I'm running on a Vista OS at the moment, I'm telling you, I never faced problems as much as using this laptop before.

So far, I still think it's a market failure despite its release for nearly a year. Anything that comes after Vista should be just.. horrible. So far, XP is still the best.

Now, if you're interested in getting a new PC or laptop, get one which comes with Windows XP, and not Vista. Although for laptops, most of it would be powered with Vista, and the ones that comes with FreeDOS, you can install a pirated version of XP on it.

Then Microsoft comes by and starts telling you that you're not using the genuine version of Windows. Blah, blah, blah. Serves you idiots right for creating or coming up with something chaotic for the market.

Apple rocks!

But I don't have the money to get one.

So, the Pros are..
  • It looks nice.
  • Looks like a Mac.
  • The blind can finally read!
  • Updates are usually available to protect your system
  • And I've never seen so many nice colours before in my life.
And so, the Cons would be..
  • It's shit slow. I've got 2gbs of RAM, and now only it runs as smooth as a 1gb of RAM on an XP OS.
  • All available VST/RTAS plugins are NOT compatible with Vista even if you toggle the compatibility mode. Trust me on this, I can't get my music projects properly mixed because of.. Vista. When I blame Vista, I blame the OS, and not the programmes that I use for it.
  • Your laptop will probably die in a few hours if you don't have a graphic card installed individually to support the beautiful graphics.
  • "Hey, this looks like a Mac! Oh no. Wait! It's that new Windows thing. What was it called again? Windows Visectomy?"
  • .. Games aren't smooth on this piece of shit.
  • At some parts, it just looks..weird.
  • A lot of CD Image Readers programmes are nearly incompatible. The biggest issue was Nero.
I'm not entirely giving it a bad review, because for normal work, it seems to work just fine. But anything that has to do with the music/sound industry, it'll never ever work. Don't even think of investing a lumsum of money just for something like.. this.

*pukes*

I need a MacBookPro!

No comments: