Monday, August 2, 2010

Oh Dear.

As much as I wanted the i7 intel quad core processor on the planned iMac at I was planning to get, I had a look at the iMac at would be somewhat optimal for my usage.

I spoke to a guy in JB who had vast knowledge in this, and I was happy that I opened up. The i7 is simple. It's that powerful that it will begin to lag only if I were to have 5 applications running side by side, and they all be rendering movies.

Yes, rendering movies.

Now when he mentioned that, what bloody cocks' nation am I going to do with an iMac that does movie rendering, whenever I DON'T do rendering at all? I wanted to do movie editting, but it's far more complicated compared to sound engineering.

Plus if I were to be working on Reason (again), I have absolutely no reason for me to run on that much power.

It's like fitting a compatible Ferrari engine into a Fiat Panda.

The issue is still money, and for me to plan, that'll take quite a bit. But if I were to go for the i5 instead of the i7, it'll be hell cheaper too.

And the differences of the RAM. I think I might need to pay a bigger price for the 2x4GB RAM instead of the 4x2GB RAM, only for sheer convenience.

Shipping this monster back to Malaysia is the least of my worries.

But should I stick with something that lasts up to 7 years, or up to a few years?







Boy, this is harder than deciding what guitar I want to get.

No comments: