Wednesday, April 2, 2008

iRaped iPod

Nope, this isn't a belated April Fool's joke, nor is it a new application for the iPod Touch.

I was in college (and still in college..at the crap internet lab), while waiting for my 12pm class to start, and I was going online with my iPod somewhere near the canteen.

Until I opened a couple of sites, and there's more reason to hate Microsoft if you love them so much. What happened?

I opened hotmail.com, and wanted to sign in, but once that site loaded, my iPod hung, and I had no choice but to force shutdown the iPod.

.. Which resulted it to automatically enter RECOVERY mode.

AND I HATE IT WHEN IT ENTERS RECOVERY MODE! I have killed my iPod, and now, I will HAVE to re-jailbreak my iPod (for God knows how many times), and it'll probably take my whole night off AGAIN.

Experienced slight insomnia last night; but not as bad compared to last night and the night before, but it's taking a serious toll on my health soon. Plus I'll be working soon.. I'm not in a good position.

.. Argh! I was listening to Dream Theater's Learning to Live and it died on me! wtf

I'll leave notes here again so I'd remember how to re-jailbreak my iPod all the way from version 1.1.1 .. urgh.

1) downgrade to firmware version 1.1.1
2) go to http://jailbreakme.com via the iPod's Safari and download the Installer.app
3) update all community services/whatever it's called in the installer.app and add this source - http://www.ipodtouchmaster.com/repo/files.xml or some link like that. I saved the actual link in the laptop..
4) search and install Oktoprep, and prepare 1.1.1 for 1.1.2's jailbreak
5) head to iTunes, SHIFT-CLICK (not click!) on "Update" and force-update the iPod with the 1.1.2 *.rpsw file.
6) with the iPod connected to iTunes, shut down iTunes, use Task Manager (for windows) to shut down all Apple-related programmes (AppleMobileDevice..etc)
7) search for 1.1.2 jailbreak (downloadable online - but I've donwloaded it already) files, and run the windows.bat.
8) follow the instructions and remember to set "install OpenSSH" (??? ..it's still going to be removed in the end when it reaches 1.1.3)
9) with the MS-DOS thing running, 1.1.2's jailbreak process is running..
10) once the jailbreak is completed, reboot the iPod. After the iPod is rebooted, click on "OK" on the MS-DOS pop-up window to show that the jailbreaking process is complete. This will initiate another reboot for the iPod.
11) with ipodtouchmaster's source added, use installer.app and search for the 1.1.3 jailbreak update. This will download the 160mbs update with the January firmware update including of the iPhone's applications.
12) install BossTool and rearrange fonts for bigger internal memory space.
13) think happy thoughts, be super optimistic, and manually restore all of your files back into the iPod. :)..

THERE GOES ALL OF MY CALANDER EVENTS AND NOTES AGAIN. WTF.




Someone remind me to search for the 1.1.4 *.rpsw file online or something like that when I get home after the Starbucks thing later..

iHateHotmail.

2 comments:

Vanesa said...

wakakakaka.....

HELLO!!!

Glacius said...

wakakakaka.....

HELLO!!!!! LoL