Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Guitar Recording Progress..?

I'm extremely tired at the moment, no thanks to my bloody laundry last night. I was way too tired. But nevermind about that, because last night was so fruitful!

I recorded my first draft guitars for Iz, and out of 8 bars, he only liked the 2nd. The other 7 bars failed. And that's quite a bit, I think. Had to practically re-write the whole thing. that means that I had to re-write a 25 second solo.

And one thing about me, a lot of people know me when it comes to guitars, I can never play melodious stuff. Until last night.

Another different side of me in the guitar was discovered, I guess? The one that I've been searching for after all this while. It's like, implanting my soul into the guitar, and use it to speak my thoughts out, instead of vague shredding notes, I guess.

And finally! In a recording, or writing a solo, I managed to switch back and forth the neck to bridge pickup, and ending the solo with the neck pickup. I keep forgetting that there are a few pickups installed into this thing for a reason; and that is, it's meant to be used. Huuuu..

I'm digging the guitar solo now, even if it's a draft. EXCEPT for the bloody notes that went out of timing.

But the thing that turns me off is that when I hit the first few notes, it sounds like a solo from Dream Theater's Another Day or something. Buh. But it doesn't sound like it, because you know why? Simple:

I can never catch up with John Petrucci.

Wheee! So I'm not copying his melodious works in any way. Hahaha.

One reason why it sounds good is because we have to thank the technology of recording multiple layers of guitars. Wheeee!




And the recording session this Saturday isn't confirmed. In fact, I don't even know when it is. So till then, I'll leave another entry regarding those plans. *Burp*

Time for college..

No comments: