Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dreadnaughts, and..

.. Small bodies.

Whatever you call them.

Anyways, come next month, and my guitar should be available in the house!! Wheee.

The problem is, there're really big bodied guitars compared to the smaller ones.

And honestly, I hate playing on dreadnaught guitars, because they're just bloody big. But the tone that comes out from the guitar is pretty awesome. Compared to a smaller-bodied guitar, and regardless of the string gauge you use, the tone is usually warm, big, and round. It's very soothing, really!

Smaller guitars tend to be brighter - sharper in other words - and it's pretty good if you were to be in the spotlight.

And size is the ultimate problem for me. Due to me practising the guitar in the stance on how it is usually strapped on, I think I'm going to have a problem playing the guitar right.

It's going to be 45 degrees upwards most of the time.

But I don't know.

My fingers are turning hard due to no practice at all for a week.

I hope this torture will end soon. It's depressing..











Come February. AND MAKE IT QUICK!

No comments: