Monday, January 18, 2010

180110

Probably one of those dates where I begin a new chapter.

If this were to be a new chapter, it'd be chapter 23? Or 32.

For those who've been wondering, I've safely arrived in Hobart, Tasmania. Which is in Australia, by the way. And when they call it the hole, yes I have to admit, it's pretty dead.

As I look out the window now, nothing is higher than, I don't know, the 5-story bank.

But it's pretty convenient to get around from place to place! In fact, when I first arrived in Melbourne, transitting to Tasmania, it was really cold. To the point where I forgot what was the meaning of .. sweat.

Which is a very big issue when I come back to Malaysia because it's always hot.

It's cool here.

Really cool.

Anyways, I didn't take much pictures due to the hours spent on rush events since 9am yesterday.

on the 17th of January 2010, Adidas has this new line of products only available for this year; sneakers and shirts designed after the Star Wars characters. And my brother, being my brother, suited up, and started doing his usual routine of trooping.

Not alone this time.

He was accompanied by Darth Vader, 3 other Storm Troopers, 1 Sand Trooper, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, etc to help promote the Adidas promotion.

If I can get the pictures up, I'll show you what I mean.

So that lasted up to 4.30pm? We rushed straight to LCCT, and managed to check in, and get our flights all sorted out. Boy, the flight from KL to Melbourne was a neck-breaking 8 hours. We took AirAsia X, and compared to the normal AirAsia, the seats could not recline.

At all.

As a matter of speaking, I believe I am suffering from a severe spine cancer due to the trip.

After that, transitted to the Tasmanian flight, and I'm pretty amazed on how the Australians handle visitors at the Airport. Rigid orders, but polite at the same time. How amazing is that?

It's like having meals like a pig, but using a fork and knife. With elbows not leaning on the edge of the table.

Cool, huh?

And every single time we get off the plane, and about to collect our luggages, we are always welcomed by a dog!

A DOG! I got welcomed by a DOG!

Of course, if the dog barked, I'd be banned from Australia forever because it sniffs our luggages for drugs and stuff, but it's really really cool on how they do it right.

For the moment, I'm still looking for a Asian multi-socket to fit onto the wall so that I can use all of my Malaysian appliances.

Hell. I forgot to bring the sockets from Malaysia. Serves me right.

Bleh.











Well, I can't even speak or count properly thanks to the cold, and thanks to the lack of sleep. So I'll pretty much upload or blog again in the near future.

For the moment, I'm pretty good. Just that I'm not used to being in a foreign country. Where the locals are white, and the suspicious ones aren't the whites.

It's just a psychological thing. I'll get used to it.











By the way. I have an elephant pet. Her name's Fluffy.

Hai.

.. hai.

No comments: