Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sad News.

I was happily procrastinating until I read something disturbing in Facebook.

Mike Portnoy, the backbone of Dream Theater, left the band because he needed a break.

Of course the stunning news early this year was that he was drumming for Avenged Sevenfold due to a personal request of their late drummer.

That's fine, but Portnoy found out that he had more fun in the other projects - and found out that DT was work to him.

I clearly understood that, but I'm truly shaken by his decision - and the decision of the band to continue on without him.

Sure Portnoy, not the best drummer in the world as others are catching up, but for those who CAN play DT's songs smoothly, were obviously inspired by Mike Portnoy.

So, Mike, have a good rest.

I wish to see you back in action as your life story motivates me to carry out my Quest for Tone.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: